Wednesday, May 14, 2008

There Will Be Change



Here in the last year I have come to realize that nothing is guaranteed and everything is dependant on everything else. Although I have always known this, the idea seems more relevant with the recent occurrences in my life and in the lives of the people around me. From the loss of a good friend to the ever-changing dynamic of the music scene I'm involved in, life is unstable. Good news is often offset by developments that could not have been foreseen and it makes me question my inspiration behind the sacrifices I make. It all works out in the end. It all comes out in the wash...I'm not so sure.

Everyday I struggle, and though I thank the higher beings for being blessed with the life I have, I struggle. The adversity does bring about positive results, though. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, of that I am certain. With failure comes experience and with triumph comes confidence, and it is a mixture of the two that keep my determination and my dedication from collapsing inward upon my soul. This is not a bleak outlook. This is real life acknowledgements of fact and fiction. Don't Sleep...Sleep is for Birds...

No comments: