Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rock The Bells 2008



Rock The Bells

So it's that time again! Rock the Bells is back for 2008 with another supremely impressive line up. Boasting artists such as Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Mos Def, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, Method Man & Redman, select Wu Tang members, Rakim, and hosted by B-Real of Cypress Hill and Supernatural...can it get any better?!?! Rock the Bells made their official announcement yesterday, April 22 2008, and I can only imagine it was very well received. 2008 marks the first year that the Rock The Bells Hip Hop Music Festival will go international!! Yes sir, that's right...it keeps getting better...

Although the tour dates as of now seem to be at a bare minimum Rock the Bells has been known to add last minute tour dates as the Hip Hop Music Festival makes it's way across the nation and leaves heads nodding in it's wake. Dallas just happened to be so lucky last year, but due to the fact that, by Rock The Bells standards, the turnout was dismal...I don't plan on seeing them back to Texas anytime soon. The tour actually cancelled it's Houston tour date due to lack of pre-sale tickets. This is the state I live in, this is the state we live in, and it's what we have to deal with as local artists on a daily basis. I will never forget being front and center when Wu-Tang hit the stage. Hidden behind a giant Wu-Tang branded flag...people went crazy! I was pressed up against the security gates for the whole performance. It made me think though. Where is all that love and energy on a daily basis?? Is Hip Hop really in a state where nobody gets excited about new artists anymore. As more and more True School Hip Hop heads turn mainstream, and the ones that refuse to crossover continue to disappoint...isn't it time for new blood. Or at least a rejuvenation of the old blood that's been circulating through the veins of our culture for years. There is hope. Rock The Bells and The Paid Dues Festival give me that hope every year. To see them go through cities, unfortunately not mine, and see them sell out shows with an incredible uncompromised line up, makes me proud to do what I do. Keeps me motivated to push my music and push my events to elevate them to the international level. We need this...don't sleep, Sleep is for Birds...

To get complete details visit Rock The Bells.

No comments: